What is an APK?
APK is an “Android application package”, which is an application installer for the Android Operating system. APK is a ZIP-based archive, has a .apk extension.
Why do we need APK?
- If you want to experience new games and apps which are not available on Google Play.
- Install apps that are blocked on Google Play.
- No Play Store app on your phone
- Installing apps through APK also allows you to install paid apps free of cost.
How to Open an APK File
APK files can be opened on operating systems, but they’re used mainly on Android devices.
OPEN AN APK FILE ON ANDROID
How you Open an APK file on your Android device just requires that you download any file and then open it when asked how APK files are installed outside of the Google Play store.
Download restriction and install APK files from unknown sources, Like from ApkReach navigate to one of these menus, depending on your Android version:
- Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Advanced > Special app access > Install unknown apps
- Settings > Apps and notifications
- Settings > Security
Depending on your device, you might need to give a specific app, such as Chrome, permission to install unofficial APK files.
If the APK file doesn’t open, try other apps like ES File Explorer File Manager.
OPEN AN APK FILE ON WINDOWS
You can open an APK also in a PC using an Android emulator like BlueStacks. In that program, go into the My Apps tab and then choose Install apk from the Right corner of the window.
- You download it from our website APKREACH, click on it, and you will see a notification, select Install to install the application on your device.
- Open your browser and go to the Download File location.
- Click on the install button.